Let’s begin with the absolute sure-fire way to enhance the overall aesthetics of your roof on a budget: proper maintenance. To carefully care for your castle’s canopy you need to:
- Trim trees that come uncomfortably close to your roof
- Keep your gutters clear of leaves and debris and check them for visible signs of sagging
- If you live in an area that receives lots of snow, try to remove any especially heavy loads
- Extremely critical: ensure your roof has proper ventilation because the quickest way to get aesthetic-harming damage is from heat and moisture.
- While checking your ventilation, check your attic (if you’ve got one) to check that a) you have functioning insulation and b) that you’ve got enough of it
- Check your flashings, regularly. The most common leaking point on roofs are at the flashing points so look for any damage, wear, holes, cracks, etc.
Beyond simple maintenance there is a low-cost Newmarket roofing solution that will make your roof look brand-spanking new—without having to replace the shingles: roof coating. Roof coating is significantly cheaper than replacing a roof and has the great bonuses of lowering your energy consumption, saving you money on utility bills and reducing the future maintenance you need to do. In some states roof coatings are also tax deductible.
Another great energy-saving tip is to use a white coating, as white attracts less heat than darker-coloured roofs. If a white roof isn’t your idea of ‘aesthetically pleasing’, then any lighter colour will do! For an even budget-friendlier solution simply paint it.
Clean the Sucker
You’d be amazed the difference a good washing will make on the overall appearance of your roof. Give the roof a good wipe down before doing any expensive alterations or repairs.
Stay tuned to our blog to catch more great roof-loving tips from the top Newmarket roofing contractors—and if you can’t find the solution you’re looking for in the blog just give us a call. Heck, feel free to give us a call anyways.
Here at Dillion Bros Roofing, we serve the Toronto, York, and Durham regions including the neighbourhoods of Aurora, Richmond Hill, Zephyr, Newmarket, and Uxbridge—for all their Newmarket roofing needs, including shingles and skylight installation and repair, eavestrough cleaning, gutter clean system installation, snow removal, aluminum siding, vinyl siding and much more. If you haveany roofing need—call the pros.