The stunning allure of a beautiful, rustic roof is too much too resist for some homeowners, which is why many are deciding on cedar roofing. But did you know that there are at least 4 reasons why cedar roofing shingles could be the best Newmarket roofing materials out there. Here are a few of the highlights, but read below for more details:
- it is a renewable resource and therefore eco-friendly
- can withstand up to 130mph winds and hailstorms
- reduce energy costs thanks to their insulating qualities
- improves the value of a home thanks to their durability and aesthetically-pleasing appearance
- come with multi-decade warranties
- fire retardantAs one of the top Cedar roofing companies in Newmarket, York, Durham, Aurora, Richmond Hill, Zephyr & Uxbridge, we’ve installed thousands of Cedar roofs, we love their pure beauty—but they’re more than just a pretty roof..
Reasons Why Cedar Roofing Shingles Could Be the Best Newmarket Roofing Material
1) They are the Eco-Responsible Choice
Other Newmarket roofing materials, like steel, asphalt, aluminum, plastic and concrete are thought to be the eco-friendly choice as they don’t strip our forests of much-needed trees, but, the mining and processing needed to create these are devastating to the environment. Cedar however is farmed here in Canada, making it an environmentally-friendly, renewable and sustainable resource. To put the icing on the enviro cake, wood is also biodegradable when no longer in use. It may take decades to biodegrade once removed from a roof—but it is still far better than the 500-1000+ years of other materials.
2) For the Added Insulation and Energy Savings
Cedar is naturally resilient to heat conductivity which means it traps heat in during the winter and cool in the summer. In fact it has 413 times the thermal resistance of steel, 2,000 that of aluminum, 8 times that of concrete, 5 times slate, 4 times fibre-cement and twice that of asphalt. Less heat/cool loss means lower electricity bills—which is cool for everyone.
3) Its Stability and Longevity
Part of the reason why cedar roofs increase the value of a home is that they are incredibly long-lasting and highly resistant to wear and tear thanks to the natural recovery of wood.
4) Its Classic Appearance
Cedar roofs are increasingly rare these days thanks to the super-cheap, highly-available asphalt and composite roofs—which makes cedar unique. Not only will you likely have the only house on the block with a cedar roof, you’ll have a piece of classic rustic Canadiana.
If you have questions about whether Cedar Newmarket roofing is a good idea for your home then give us a call, as one of the top roofing companies in Newmarket, York, Durham, Aurora, Richmond Hill, Zephyr & Uxbridge, we can give you sound advice about what type of roof is right for your home.